Monday 2 September 2013

Song Of The Month | August

August had been a big month for albums and so it's just a song of the month from me as I've been listening to so many different albums over the past month, it was just impossible to pick a single favourite!

Song Of The Month


You know that feeling that the radio is singing your thoughts? That's exactly what happened with this song. I was sat in a train station car park in Penzance while on holiday in Cornwall last month watching the sea in the distance and generally thinking about a couple of things when Huw Stephens of BBC Radio 1 introduced this song. It was Hollow Home Rd by Brolly. I had never heard of the band prior to this, nor had I heard the song - I believe it to be their first major radio play - But wow did this song speak out to me. Brolly are a very under the radar band and stem from a childhood friendship. Together they have created a stunning track and right from the first couple of guitar notes it had me tuned in. Harmonious vocals of the bands lead vocalist Jake Ithurburn sing over the simple notes promoting his creative and inspiring lyrics. It's a song that you can get deeply emotionally attached to. So if you're ever feeling down about anything, if you're having a few struggles or just generally feel like listening to a relaxing song, give Hollow Home Rd a listen and I guarantee you'll fall in love with it. It's been my go to song throughout the past month when in these types of situations which it's why it's worthy of the title as my song of the month. Click HERE to take a listen!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment